The 3rd workshop of the project ''CISWastewater'' was held in Yerevan
From July 16 till July 19 of 2015, the 3rd workshop of the project "Continuous improvement strategy for increasing the performance of wastewater treatment facilities in the Black Sea Coastal Countries'' named CISWastewater being realized within the scopes of the “Black Sea Region Countries Joint Operational Program 2007-2013’’ held in Yerevan having the purpose of illustrating the ''CISWastewater'' project results and distributing the achievements of the project to the target groups needing them in Armenia (Department of Water Supply and Drainage Systems of RA State Water Management Committee, Armenian Water and Sewerage Closed Joint Stock Company (“Hayjrmukhkoyukhi”) and “Yerevan Djur" CJSC).
The workshop was called "Project illustration and results dissemination workshop in Yerevan, Armenia".
Mr. Gurgen Alexanian, the project coordinator in Armenia (the leader of the YSU group) opened the works of the workshop, welcomed the participants and thanked them for accepting the invitation.
He said: ''"The Black Sea Basin Joint Operational Programme 2007-2013" is a programme under the European Neighborhood & Partnership Instrument (ENPI) of the EU which aims at contributing to a stronger and sustainable economic and social development of the regions of the Black Sea Basin.
It is understandable that one of the most important link for the solution of the environmental problems in the region is also the proper management of wastewater.
I consider it necessary to mention also that continuous improvement strategy of WWTP’s management developed within the scopes of the joint project is very important for all the participating countries of the project in the circumstances of constant shortage of financial means in their local budgets for WWTP`s modernization ''.
He briefed the overall and specific objectives of the project and reminded that since December 28th of 2013 in cooperation with their Romanian (from National Research and Development Institute for Gas Turbines “COMOTI” from Bucharest and regional operator SC RAJA SA of the Romanian Constanta city providing water services), Moldovian (from Moldova State University), Bulgarian (from “BLACK SEA MASTERY CENTER” of the Bulgarian city Dobrich), Greek (from “European Regional Framework for Co-operation” organization) and Georgian (“International Centre for Social Research and Policy Analysis”) partners the YSU scientific group goes on realizing the project mentioned above which overall objective is achieving stronger regional partnership and cooperation for realizing significant improvements of the wastewater treatment facilities (WWTF) management in the Black Sea coastal countries.
Other specialists from YSU team participating to the project, the following specialists from other Armenian organizations and from abroad were present at the workshop:
-Employees of National Research and Development Institute for Gas Turbines “COMOTI” from Bucharest headed by Mr. Dan Ifrim a dipl. engineer (has presented the report "Review of CIS Projects Selection");
- Representatives of the regional operator SC RAJA SA of the Romanian Constanta city providing water services headed by the Deputy Director Mr. Aurel Presura (has presented the report "RAJA’s strategy for improving the performance of wastewater treatment facilities in the Black Sea Region");
- Professor Maria Gonta, representative of the Moldova State University and project local coordinator;
- Ms. Nellie Gaspadinova, representative of the “BLACK SEA MASTERY CENTER” of the Bulgarian city Dobrich and project local coordinator;
- Employees of the European Union Delegation in Armenia;
- Mr. Sebouh Berberian, Director of the Drainage Water Department of wastewater treatment plants operation of Armenian Water and Sewerage Closed Joint Stock Company (“Hayjrmukhkoyukhi” CJSC) and Mr. Samvel Yazhyan, Head of WWTP & Pumping Stations Department);
- Mr. Valery Grigoryan manager of “Yerevan Djur” CJSC “Aeratsia” WWTP;
- as well as Andrea Cirino Pomicino, the manager of an Italian company „PALADEX S.p.A” (has presented the report "Advanced technologies for polyethylene water pipes: DERIPLAST, PALADEX") producing water pipes and Petre Florin production manager.
EU Grants Expert, Research Coordinator of ''CISWastewater'' Project, Ancuta Maria Cirstea (INCDT COMOTI, ROMANIA) has presented the following reports:
- "Risk Management";
- "Overview of CISWastewater Phase 5 (May – August, 2015)".
Afterwards, all local coordinators of the six participating countries have presented reports on implementation of the 5th phase of the project.
A visit to the WWTPs of the ''Armenian Water and Sewerage Company'' CJSC in Tavush and Gegarkhunik regions by the specialists engaged in the project ended up the works of the workshop. As well as there was a discussion of project results between WWTPs managers and employees during the visit.